Friday, March 27, 2009

Hey you, don't watch this! Watch that!

Bettie: Always barking, not alien

Phew! What a week. I'm going to slow down just a bit because I've got some more stuff coming, and need to do a little more reading than writing. I'm going to begin a new series of articles here on Groknard on the subject of homebrewed Trek RPGs, need to kick back and work on my Prime Directive RPG reviews, and it's about time to get my piece on the Star Fleet Battle Manual together for Star Trek Games. Actually, now that I read that, I need to do more reading and writing than posting. But there's a few things already queued up, so you may not even notice.

In the meantime, Adam at the East Coast branch of GroknardoCorp is starting a new series which I'm really looking forward to. He's taking on the subject of advice for running Trek RPGs -- The Undiscovered Country - Gaming The Final Frontier -- over at his Barking Alien blog. His timing is perfect as I'm getting ready to get all philosophical on the subject myself, so I foresee some back and forth between our blogs in the near future (in a good way!).

So while I'm sitting back with a chihuahua and some books in my lap, get over there, read it and bookmark it!
EDIT: First part of the series is up, a really great start (he says as he digs around for that old issue of Dragon that has an article he didn't know about....)

5 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say how much i'm enjoying your blog and looking forward to your thoughts on homebrews. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this, too. I've homebrewed ST myself - in fact it was the only time I've run a ST game, come to think of it. I used Decipher's character creation structure but my own resolution mechanics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation and the chihuahua! If there are two things I love its Star Trek and Dogs. I don't call it Barking Alien for nothing ya'know.

    AD
    Barking Alien

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Bettie. She's our baby. She looks like a good dog. But she is eeeevil. Pure evil.

    But she's our baby. What are you gonna do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a definite cutie.

    My dog Delilah looks like she's from Cheron. Half her face is black and the other is a silver grey with small black spots. The pattern is beautiful but really strange as it looks almost too perfect.

    AD
    Barking Alien

    ReplyDelete