Tuesday, March 24, 2009

OT: Star Trek Countdown TPB

Robert Saint John, the GroknardApparently I'm the only person in the world who actually got this today. Through some twist of the space-time continuum, UPS delivered my Amazon pre-order of the trade paperback version of IDW's Star Trek: Countdown, the collected version of issues 1-4. Two weeks early. Before Issue #4 has even been released.

The countdown to the motion picture event of 2009 begins here, in the exclusive comics prequel to Star Trek, the upcoming blockbuster film from Paramount Pictures! JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman present the origin of Nero, the mysterious Romulan who will ultimately threaten the survival of the entire universe.

I suspect Nero himself had something to do with me getting this. Forbidding events have been set in motion. I already feel time changing. I sense that... that... the Starfleet Construction Yards are moving from my own backyard here in San Francisco to... to... Iowa. Oh, dear. Things will never be the same.

Oh, and yeah, it's a really great read!!

1 comment:

  1. How strange! My FLCS hasn't been able to keep copies of the series on the shelves, which is a good omen - people really seem to want this movie to be good!

    ReplyDelete