Friday, March 6, 2009

New Feature on Star Trek Games Website

Star Trek Tabletop Games at ChessMess's STAR TREK GAMESI've been invited by Star Trek gaming guru ChessMess (Bethesda's STAR TREK: LEGACY) to write a new column over at Star Trek Games, the site dedicated to bringing news to the Trek gaming community, from past titles to the upcoming MMO Star Trek: Online, and news of the latest fan-made games and modifications.

STG has been branching out from video and computer games, and I'm happy to have the opportunity to take it further. I'll be contributing articles on Trek-themed boardgames, wargames and even the occasional tabletop RPG -- past, present and future. In my first post, I outline some of the titles I'll be covering such as STAR FLEET BATTLE MANUAL, FEDERATION SPACE, TACTICAL COMBAT SIMULATOR and the Japanese Trek wargames of Tsukuda Hobby.

Don't worry, though. I'll still be posting here as often as I have been; there's so much still to write about! But the new gig at STG gives me a place to write about the games like those above that aren't RPGs. Hopefully it will help increase the readership here, and give you a chance to read about a whole other genre of tabletop games you might have missed. STG is a really great site with an active community and cool features such as the recent article about the Star Trek computer text adventure game from 1971. Now that's old school, so check it out!

Coming up here: my views on the discussion over on RPGnet about whether or not it's time for a new Star Trek RPG, and I finally get back to Heritage's 1978 Star Trek RPG. Oh, and I've got some very cool new minis to photograph this weekend.

P.S. - By the way, you did see the new Star Trek movie trailer, didn't you? WOW.
P.P.S. - Keep those contest entries coming. One week to go!

1 comment:

  1. It is a real treat to have you writing articles about these type of Star Trek games. I look forward to each one, here and at STGames! Go Robert!

    Yes, I really liked the new trailer as well! Heres to hoping it users in a new generation of Star Trek fans and media!

    ReplyDelete