Tuesday, June 30, 2009

OT: I have entered BIZARRO WORLD

Bizarro World"It am an international crisis! Quick, Bizarro President! Go to sleep!"

In BIZARRO WORLD, California native Robert "Groknard" Saint John stays home during the weekend of July 23-26. His wife, Barbe, goes to the completely sold-out San Diego Comic-Con. It must be BIZARRO WORLD (or the Mirror Universe), because in our universe, Barbe hates comics, science fiction, movies, Star Trek, San Diego, gaming and crowds.

The Mighty BooshBut she does love, LOVE, The Mighty Boosh. And apparently BBC Worldwide are bringing creator / stars Julian Barratt (Howard Moon) and Noel Fielding (Vince Noir) along with co-stars Michael Fielding (Naboo), Rich Fulcher (Bob Fossil) and Dave Brown (Bollo) to Comic-Con. She must be there. So, against all odds, we managed to score her a ticket this evening on eBay through SDCC's official last minute auction.

Oh sure, Russell T. Davies, David Tennant, Julie Gardner and Euros Lyn from Doctor Who are going to be there. John Barrowman and Eve Myles from Torchwood? There. Star Trek's J. J. Abrams, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman? Yep, but they're there for Fringe. Apparently Star Trek won't have an offcial presence at SDCC this year. Maybe.

But this is BIZARRO WORLD, and as such, I don't care. Really. Of course, now Barbe has to find a hotel room for under $1000 in San Diego County. HAH!

Come with me now on a journey through time and space...... To the world of The Mighty Boosh....



And from my absolute favorite episode, Nanageddon, with my favorite characters, Saboo and Tony Harrison of the Board of Shaman...

5 comments:

  1. Yes, the things I'll do to see the Mighty Boosh. Like force you to walk into a pub in the middle of the day because I saw Matt Berry LOL

    on a side note, I still NEED another Friday ticket for my minion Jessica, so if any readers have compassion for rabid Boosh fangirls, please contact Rob. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what I have to deal with? One ticket just isn't enough. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds familiar. My spouse has been to Philadelphia and Maryland (and Las Vegas, but who cares about Las Vegas) on trips without me (usually related to her work in disabilities advocacy). She got to see the Mutter Museum and other interesting stuff.

    What have I got to show for it? Two Gen Cons where I worked my butt off and a weekend in Portland (OR) for a "minimalism in technical writing" seminar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad about not being able to go, Robert. Just put on your poncho. It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerry speaks the truth!! ahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete