Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gone But Not Forgetting

Under Construction- USS EnterpriseI hope everyone will forgive what is probably my most extended absence yet. Besides real life work and distractions, I've dived into a new Trek RPG-related project over the past week, and here's the first glimpse.

Right now the plan is to do schematics for 4 or 5 starships that showed up in the Star Trek film, as well as the shuttles and Starbase One. These are just low-res thumbnails for now, but the pieces I'm working on are fairly large and should be suitable for printing.

The idea is to give Trek GMs some collateral to fire the imagination and help them run games in the new "alternate reality" should they so wish. I'll be using them for some of my projects, and I'll make the final versions available and generic enough that they can be adapted for most any system. I've already told new dad Patrick Goodman that he can have them for his CODA Star Trek RPG Support site, so maybe he'll turn them into an AU Fleet Technical Manual game reference once he wraps up his first one.

Under Construction - USS KelvinAnyway, I'll try to get back into the swing of things with new entries while chipping away at this project. As always, there's still so many games, supplements and miniatures to cover, and some interesting things are going on in the Land of Homebrews, so stay tuned!

Top: USS Enterprise with MSD
Left: USS Kelvin
Below: USS Hood
Under Construction - USS Hood

9 comments:

  1. Man.... I am so tempted to go ahead and do my Traveller unofficial guide....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Stay on target... stay on target!" ;-)

    I was thinking the other day: can you imagine the kind of lifepath you'd have to roll-up to get a nuTrek Kirk???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back, and i'm loving the pictures. The new movie is making me want to start working on my Savage Worlds Star Trek conversion again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post about this effort over at STGames Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear all is well and hose are some excellent illos. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the boys and girls ovr at TrekRPG.net get wind of this and start stating them up for ICON and FASA as well. They probably already have.

    While not enamored with AU Star Trek or its ship designs, those shuttles rocked, as did the starbase. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    AD
    Barking Alien

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really nice work, and very detailed. I can count the pipes. ;)

    And congratulations on making the front page of SF Signal today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?!?!? Say what?!?! (runs to check out that website)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look really cool. I don't suppose it was featured in the new film, but an updated version of the Miranda-class with the new style warp nacelles would be neat.

    ReplyDelete