Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Trek Art of James Clyne

I think I've mentioned previously how big a fan I am of pre-production and concept art for film. One of my biggest disappointments this summer is the fact that there is no "Art of JJ Abrams' Star Trek" book to place on my shelf next to similar books for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and, of course, previous Star Trek productions. I think a lot of us in the Trek RPG hobby find this stuff inspiring and -- shall I say -- fascinating.

Ryan Church and his design for the new Enterprise have garnered much online attention the past few weeks. Now the portfolio of concept artist James Clyne (AI, War of the Worlds, Transformers) has been updated to include an extensive look at his work for the new Star Trek film. Lots of wonderful work showing the Narada (inside and out), Vulcan, the drill, and interiors for the USS Kelvin (then called the Iowa?). Check it out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment